Sunday, September 13, 2009

Saturday School? Day 8

In high school I was fortunate enough to have half days on Wednesday's and Saturday's.  It allowed for sports matches to occur primarily on those days so that work load at night was less cumbersome.  Of course Frazer is not bogged down with sports events (at the moment).  Yet, before I realized it, Frazer and I were working Saturday morning.  After breakfast and a family meeting, I headed to the star chamber to catch up on planning.  As I get going, down comes Fraz ready to roll.  We worked, I made a "test" for him on odd and even numbers as well as time.  He continues to surprise me as he liked the test.  He got 87/92 correct with the main problem being he incorrectly.  We played some crazy syllables and a game of concentration with calendar dates and numerical expressions of dates.  The correlation between month and number is elusive to him but I have made a chart on the door to the furnace room with the name of the month written out with a piece of colored tape linking it to the corresponding number.  He also improved his great leaps fluency.  I am doubtful that we will work every Saturday in such a constructive mode but it is nice to have the flexibility to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment