Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Seven.

Every day begins with a list -- the items to add new for today and the items to finish from the day before, or even the week before.  I may write this list in my calendar, on a To Do app, in Evernote, or the back of a envelope.  I don't often refer to it once I have stated my objective.  An evil blessing or a kind curse allows the list to ticker tape in my mind through out the day.  At night, I mentally cross off and add more trying to figure out how I will accomplish said goals.

It has been years, or never, that the list has been empty.  As William can attest, I generate things that "need" to be done in my sleep.

This week and weekend, I have given special care to laundry.  I don't think we had hit a point since Thanksgiving that each person had their laundry mostly away verses mostly in process.  As much drudgery as laundry can be, I felt good as I trucked down to the basement multiple times to make sure everyone has clean clothes.  Tomorrow I go in to have one screw surgically removed.  It is a bit early but I have been having trouble with it.  Nothing like rolling over in my sleep and being poked by the screw in my leg.  It is both an odd feeling and one that has kept me awake for days. 

Sleep has been super elusive.  I watched all Downton Abbey in two nights on netflix.  Great show.  Looking for another series to keep me company at 2am.  One thing I have not crossed off list is the to do list for Mayo.  As we are a month out, I am beginning.  Sometimes every day life and living in the moment is more fun than prepping. 

For those who follow and care, Houlder is still weak and not going to school.  He has improved ever so slightly in that he is not in bed 24/7.  More like 22/7.  I have been working on long division with Frazer.  After two weeks I feel like we are making progress.  Wowza.  I am trying to remember if this was tricky for me to learn.  I don't think so but I am challenged to keep thinking of ways to explain the steps.  Thankfully Frazer is patient.

Final swim meet Saturday and lots of birthday parties for Porter.  I hope this recovery is simpler and less complicated.  I have planned ahead for food and driving and life.  Hopefully this removal will decrease the pain. 

Will Christmas morning 2011
Christmas Eve service
Porter leading first grade Chapel January 2012
Susie January 2012
Frazer January 2012 -- 12th brthday
Dell and Porter January 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment