Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Four weeks to Go

And what's in the middle.  Stuff.  Lots of it.  Pictures.  Field trips.  Over 40 books which shocks me.  Addition.  Subtraction -- maybe.  the History of the World. 

Keeping the daily blog overwhelmed me.  Then I quit.  Then guilt.  Then I wanted an inspired moment.  But, is every moment inspired?  Yes and no.

I will try to track some of the bigger things we are doing before we close out the year.  But one of my struggles has been to give Frazer what he needs.  I love to be organic and unstructured and follow his lead.  But how that looks is so different than I hope it to look.  But, that struggle is mine not his.  He remains pretty darn happy in his star chamber and with his tutor.




This photo is of Frazer in the big snow of February 2010.  He played and sledded on Southampton Hill.  While there was less book time than I planned, he played and socialized and experienced winter in wild ways.  He flew down the hill so fast that he slide under a chain link fence and was pinned.  Houlder leaped to the rescue and lifted the fence and pulled him out which itself was impressive.  But, in typical Frazer fashion,  he said, "That was amazing!  Did you see me fly under the fence?"  And climbed back up the hill again. 

Here is video of the Tinkering School.  William and I heard a piece on NPR about a year ago.  The entire time, we kept musing on how Porter would love it.  I found this tonight.  Still love it.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/gever_tulley_s_tinkering_school_in_action.html

No comments:

Post a Comment