Monday, March 5, 2012

On the ground

In a mad dash, I packed. Funny how it seemed to drag, but it did. I was trying to pack lightly to have an easy to tote bag, warmly to be able to walk around downtown Rochester even though we can manage our entire time here without going outside -- too weird,-- and plentifully to avoid using the coin washer/dryer.

William prepared a big lovely breakfast. While we sat around the table we had made and had two competing thoughts: we will not be together like this for a week and for one week I won't have to fix meals, clean up or listen to the diners complain about their meal.

Before I left, Porter needed me to document his latest tooth fall out. Fortunately the Tooth Fairy arrived although Friday night I forgot to call the 800 number to let her know Porter had a tooth for her.

We had a family photo. I brought some
Gamberian good luck with me with my 43022 hat (zip code for Gambier, OH). Porter and I had a special photo, because "You'll be missing me momma."

Included is a little documentation of the departure drop off, lunch in O'Hare, Houlder playing mind craft while waiting for flight, Dell painting a primer over the yucky wallpaper that will be GONE when we return, Houlder sitting down verses passing out while we wait in the chill for a cab or shuttle, and finally relaxing with my medicinal wine and smile.

I am trying using the iPad only this week and the blogger app. I can figure out how to add photos and cannot preview. I hope this turns out.

There is no snow here! Today will be in the 50s.

Irony.

Goodbye wallpaper.  Thanks Dell!
Shy guy at lunch.
First sigh.
"In case you miss me momma."
Not as boring waiting for flights as it used to be.
The bulk of the snow thus far
tolerance
Gamberian powers activate!
My rock
Dinner
produced the smile
Leaving on the jet plane
Smile to hold me for miles

2 comments:

  1. Yes , there two glasses of wine but I am not sure how to handle the order of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge and constant prayers are with you! You, Houlder and the doctors will be in my heart and in my prayers every minute of the day!!

    ReplyDelete